Welcome to the new year!
We hope 2022 ended smoothly for you and that 2023 has new opportunities ahead. As always, if you need anything, we’re here to help. We’ve got a number of updates for you… so read on!
What has Roomapct been up to in 2022? Read our annual letter from our founder, Matt Unger, to find out!
Our engineer, Blake, snuck in a little gift to you before the end of the year. You can now change the order of how your forms display. To change the order of your forms, go into Manage Templates. When hovering over a template, six dots will appear to the left. Just click, drag, and drop. We’ll also be adding category re-ordering in the future.
Software Training Recording
If you are a new staff member who hasn’t used Roompact’s software before, or if you’re a current user that just wants a refresher training, we’re holding a live online comprehensive training webinar to get you up to speed. Lasting approximate 2.5 hours, this training will go over all aspects of Roompact’s software, feature by feature.
Date: Friday, January 14, 2022
Time: Noon-2:30pm Eastern Time
Location: Online via Zoom
To participate, pre-register at the link below and you will be sent the training link approximately 24 hours in advance of the training.
A recording will be made available on this same page and also posted on Roompact’s Support Portal.
Did you miss our Roompact 201 training on Intentional Conversations? No worries, you can access a recording and supplementary materials here:
Looking for a “Side Hustle”?
We’re hiring! If you or someone you know is an amazing writer with a housing and residence life background, take a look at our new Freelance Content Contributor position. We’re hiring for three of these positions. Applications close on January 31, 2023. Interviews will be in February with an expected start date of March. Click below for the position description and application instructions.
ACUHO-I Summer Intern Opportunity
Roompact is offering an ACUHO-I Summer internship for the third year. If you, or someone you know, wishes to apply, you must go through the official ACUHO-I process and adhere to all of the rules, dates, and deadlines they have in place to ensure it is a fair process for all.
Head to their website to begin the process. Even if you aren’t interested in interning at Roompact, there are a number of incredible positions available–both in-person and remote.
We also released a new blog series written by our 2022 Intern that goes step-by-step through the ACUHO-I internship application process. If you have a student currently going through the process, send them this link! It may help.
Our New Contest…
Roompact is holding its first annual RA bulletin board contest! All RAs need to do is email us a photo (high-quality and close-up!) at email@example.com from their institutional email address (*.edu) and include their name (as they’d like us to attribute it to them). They can also include any additional information or context about the board, topic, and design.
The “top ten” winners will receive $50 prizes.
We’ll be heading to a number of conferences int he upcoming months. We hope to see you there. If we have a booth, come say hi!
Stop by our booth and say hello!
- SWACUHO – February 12-14, Frisco, TX
- SEAHO – February 28-March 3, Richmond, VA
- ACPA – March 26-29, New Orleans, LA *We won’t have a booth, but Paul and Matt will be there if you’d like to connect!
- NASPA – April 1-5, Boston MA *We won’t have a booth, but Paul will be there if you’d like to connect!
- WACUHO – April 16-19, Henderson, NV
New Episodes of the #ResEdChat Podcast
The Roompact ResEdChat podcast is a digital variety hour of presentations, webinars, and interviews on topics of interest to residence life and education professionals who work in college and university housing.
Check out our latest episodes:
- Ep 15: Kate Gannon-Cullinan on Residence Life Staff Retention
- Ep 16: Crystal Lay and Reflections on a Career in Residence Life
- Ep 17: Jake Garner on Restorative Practices in Residential Education
- Ep 18: ResEdChat Ep #18: Matt Unger on Social Good Companies
From The Blog
Quiet Quitting, Acting Your Wage, and the Missing Piece That Keeps Many Women in Housing from Being Able To Do Either
5 Key Behaviors To Go From ResLife Supervisor to Leader:
More from the blog…
- If These Halls Could Talk: Crafting Your Residence Life Story
- To Student Affairs or Not to Student Affairs…Who’s Asking the Question?
- Reflections of a 1st Time Attendee to the Institute on the Curricular Approach
- Scheduling Your Way to Success in Residence Life
- The Oxymoron of a “Smooth Transition” in Residence Life
- 3 Res Life Quick Tips for Making Your Presentation Slides More Accessible
- Strategies for Transitioning Up in Student Housing
Looking for a job? Are you a Roompact school that wants some help in advertising your job openings? Just send us an email with the title and a link to the posting. We’ve compiled a list of job openings at Roompact schools.