We’re hiring! If you or someone you know is an amazing writer with a housing and residence life background, take a look at our new Freelance Content Contributor position. We’re hiring for three of these positions. Applications close on January 31, 2022. Interviews will be in February with an expected start date of March. See below for the position description and application instructions.
Freelance Content Contributor
Thank you for your interest in Roompact! We’re growing and looking to expand our team. Specifically, we need help with developing more content for our blog. Our goal is to constantly be producing content that can aid residence life and housing professionals in their work. This content may be more Roompact related (software centric) or provide a general resource to any residence life professional. We are looking for diverse perspectives and content matter experts to provide new voices to Roompact.
We’re looking for three folks who can make at least a 1-year commitment to this position. It will require approximately 4-5 hours a month, brainstorming, writing, and editing new material for the Roompact blog. While not a full time role, it may be a great opportunity to engage in a passion of yours and make some extra money while doing it. We’ve calculated a “salary” of $100 per month/blog post, for a total of $1,200 across the year. It would not come with additional benefits. This position will likely not lead to a full time position, but could give the right person who’s interested in working “higher education adjacent” a feeling of what that may be like.
About the Role
As a freelance content contributor with Roompact, you will…
- Work remotely and submit unique, relevant, and engaging content monthly
- Meet monthly with Roompact’s Campus Experience Director, Paul Brown, and other Content Contributors to brainstorm content and coordinate your submissions
- Explore and assess the latest trends in residence education and student affairs and include these in your 1-2 page single-spaced written works
- Note: Roompact is specifically looking to enhance our content related to Assessment, DEI, and Training and Development
- Use best writing practices that align with Roompact standards and values
- Familiarity with higher education and student affairs practices, particularly in residence education
- Strong writing skills appropriate for a blog
- Proficiency with computers and Google Suite (Knowledge of WordPress is a bonus!)
- Ability to work independently or with the Roompact Team
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and awareness of Roompact software, brand, and image
- Completing or completed Master’s in Higher Education and Student Affairs (or equivalent) and currently working in a higher education setting
Roompact is a small family owned business that develops software and services for residence life and education departments. Our focus is on improving student engagement and learning, assessment, and helping staff be more efficient in their work. Roompact strives to be an ethical and socially-conscious company and is seeking certification as a B-Corp, which is a social-benefit corporation that meets high standards of social responsibility. If you want to learn more about us, check out our website at www.roompact.com.
Come As You Are and Thrive
Roompact believes that being inclusive, working collaboratively, and recognizing the inherent value of every team member is essential. Diversity makes us stronger and better at the work we do. Roompact is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Roompact also strives to go beyond what the law requires, and create a socially just and socially responsible work environment for the benefit of all.
Applications close on January 31, 2022.
Interviews will be in February with an expected start date of March.